Sip a Strawberry Margarita on National Margarita Day
Don’t wait until Cinco de Mayo to enjoy a true Mexican treat. Do it today, February 22, because it’s National Margarita Day
Here’s a simple, fast and fresh strawberry margarita recipe that you can serve. OK, so it isn’t the most traditional Mexican cocktail, but it’s delicious and fun, so let’s enjoy one anyway as we celebrate one of those wacky “National Days” that were created specifically for adults.
- 20 fresh strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 8oz blanco tequila (100 percent blue agave)
- 3oz triple sec
- 3oz fresh lime juice
- Simple syrup to taste
- Coarse sea salt, kosher salt or sugar (to rim glass)
- 4 lime slices
- 4 whole strawberries
- Fill blender with ice. Blend for 30 seconds or so.
- Add strawberries, liquor and lime juice. Blend until smooth and uniform color.
- Add simple syrup to taste. Blend.
- Wipe the rim of your favorite tumbler with a lime slice. Dip in sugar or salt.
- Pour in margarita. Add lime slices and strawberries for garnish if desired.