Toast Thanksgiving with a Cranberry Cocktail
What’s Thanksgiving without cranberries? Thursday dinner. Every family has their own way to bring cranberry sauce to the table. Whether you open a can and plop it onto a serving dish or follow Gramma’s recipe to a ‘T,’ it’s a must-have that adults enjoy. Kids, on the other hand, fuss over it and cover it with half a roll. So, to keep the cranberry-lovers happy (and save those delicious rolls) here’s a cranberry “sauce” just for the adults. The tart-yet-sweet flavor is a 21-and over crowd-pleaser and adds a crisp complement to the bounty on your table.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups club soda
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups vodka
- Fresh cranberries and lime slices for garnish
- Combine cranberries, sugar and water in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until cranberries pop. Stir occasionally.
- Strain mixture into pitcher. Let cool. Dispose of solids.
- Add club soda, fresh lime juice and vodka.
- Serve over ice
Enjoy responsibly while having a Happy Thanksgiving!
— PJ Butland